Azure Traffic analytics is in Public preview, a solution that provides visibility in the network traffic from users and applications by analyzing the NSG Flow logs across Azure regions.
- Gain Visibility
- traffic flows across your networks between Azure and Internet, in Azure, public cloud regions, VNETs and subnets.
- inter-relationships between critical business services and applications.
- applications and protocols on your network, without the need for sniffers or dedicated flow collector appliances.
- Secure your Network
- flows between your VMs and rogue networks.
- network ports open to the Internet.
- applications attempting Internet access.
- anomalous network traffic behavior (e.g. back-end servers attempting connectivity, to servers outside your network etc.)
- Improve performance
- capacity planning – eliminate issues of over-provisioning or under utilization by monitoring utilization trends of VPN gateways and other services.
- analyzing in-bound and out-bound flows.
- understanding application access patterns (e.g. Where are the users located?, Can application latency be reduced by better workload placement?).
- identification of traffic hotspots.
Find out what’s happening on your cloud! Check out the documentation and start using Traffic Analytics on your Azure network.